Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Soul by Mirfat

My soul, listen to me
Without you my body is mere clay
That crumbles and can be washed away
As I waste the seconds day by day
And celebrate the new year and my birthday
I pinch parts of you and throw them away
Who will be the winner at the end of the day?

My soul, why do I treat you this way?
In front of my God what do I say?
That He gave me a gift and I threw it away?

Once upon a day
Could be tomorrow could be today
When I run out of pinches to throw away
And I turn back into a lump of clay!!!
And I am rushed into the ground not far away
Isn't this the soil I treaded on yesterday?
You see, oh Nafs, am not here to stay!
What? Now am in it, to be chewed away?
That’s why I can’t always follow all that you desire or say

Do business with Allah that’s the successful way
Get rid of that attitude and mind what you say
Renounce idle talk and foul play
Mention His name at the start and end of day
Hold on to His rope, you won’t regret it on the last day!
Your life, oh Nafs, is the very seconds ticking away!
Who will be the winner at the end of the day??

Taken from http://www.islamtoday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment